CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 11, 2008

It's been almost a month since my last post. It took me 10 minutes to figure out how to get on my own blog. I had to reset the password for the 3rd or 4th time because I don't get on enough to remember how to sign in. To tell you the truth, I'm still not sure I can do it again tomorrow. But, I sure hope I get the chance. We expect our mission call any day now. We started our paperwork in December after our 1st Bishop's interview. Now after months of delays because of medical issues, we are within days of getting our call so we'll now when and where we are going.

I got one piece of bad news last week that will mean one more medical delay which may mean an adjustment in our departure to the MTC but, if it had to happen, I'm glad it happened before we were in the mission field. I don't even know how I did it but I tore the medial meniscus in my right knee, my good knee. I had a total knee replacement in my left knee in Sept. 2007 so I would be ready for a mission this summer. I've had a good rehabilitation and thought I was ready to go until 3 weeks ago when I started having excruciating pain in my other knee. It felt just like a knife being jabbed into my knee. When the MRI showed a torn meniscus, I knew that it would require a same day surgery to repair. So, I'll be having that surgery on Thursday and will expect a 3 to 4 week recovery time (at my age). I'm just hoping the call gets here before Thursday so I can enjoy it without being wiped out by anesthesia.

In the meantime, Truman is healthier than ever. He managed to lose about 20 pounds this spring and summer helping our son build a house across the street and our son-in-law and daughter build a house next door to us. He's been fishing and camping with 4 different youth groups this summer and taken his metal detector out into the hills looking for treasure. Seriously. He hasn't found any yet, but he keeps looking.

Stay tuned - good news soon.

1 comments:

Jan and Larry Myers said...

Hi, Carol! I'm so, so glad to see another post on your blog. Hang in there. I sent you an email this a.m. We're praying for you!! Hugs, Jan