CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, August 15, 2008

WE HAVE OUR CALL!

We have been called to the West Indies Mission! Hooray! The call finally came. We report to the MTC on October 6th. We will serve a 23 month mission. We had all our children and most of our grandchildren present when we opened our envelope. It was an exciting time. Now we've got a long list of things to do to get ready so we'll get started tomorrow.

I had surgery on my right knee yesterday to repair a tear in the meniscus. It was an easy, same day surgery and I'm doing great. I anticipate a complete recovery before we leave for the MTC.

I post updates on our preparation progress but probably won't get to this much until after we are in the West Indies. I would welcome any comments about how to prepare for this mission from anyone who reads this who has "been there, done that".

1 comments:

Jan and Larry Myers said...

Congratulations Carol and Truman! We'll be waiting for you in October and by then we should be old hands at this mission thing (by a month!). Email me if you have any questions. Big hugs!!